Thursday 12 February 2015

Music isn't Exciting me Anymore

For those that know me well for me to say that music isn't exciting me anymore is a very out-of-character thing for me to say. But let me explain myself and all shall become clear.


From a very young age music was always something that caused me immense happiness. It still does just in a different way to back then. My favourite genres have always been things like jazz and electronic music and in my early teens rock and metal entered my life for the better. But now music of those genres are often failing to excite me. I'm not disputing that good things are happening within these very broad genres but they are just not exciting me personally. Maybe I have become disenchanted with music and I can't just enjoy it anymore because of my in depth knowledge that came from studying music A Level. It actually makes me sad that music can't seem to excite me much. I guess the only consolation is that when I do like something I really like it. Maybe I'm soo sick of the same predictability of music at the moment that I am looking back, with genres like Ska and 80s pop becoming of increasing interest to me.


This post was not really meant to be anything informative I just wanted to give you an insight into my mind. Let me know if you have had this problem and can you recommend some cool new music for me to listen to.


Much love.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment