Friday 13 February 2015

My Throat is Not a Fan of Me

I am a singer (I'd like to say by trade but not just yet) and this means I need to keep the muscles of my throat and vocal folds in peak condition at all time. However, I often seem to be plagued with the ever annoying sore-throat. Most people can just take throat sweets or let time do it's job to get rid of it but I am not blessed with those things. Throat sweets do more bad than good to me and if I am singing everyday time is something I am not blessed with.

Tonight I have to perform at a local event. I am sing the Habanera from the opera Carmen. This is a highly famous piece. It is also quite near the top of my range so any strains that plague me to begin with make my job painful, literally. When ever I am due to sing I take precautions: I won't eat dairy, starch or oily things before I sing; I drink lots of water, both hot and cold; I try not to talk to much and still my throat is decides that it will hurt hence making it beyond difficult for me to function in the necessary way.

I have had too many throat problems and moments like this really irritate me.

Much Love
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment